Many of you know that not only am I a writer, blogger, and designer – I am also a student in college. I am currently working on my Associates Degree and then will move onto to get a Bachelor’s Degree, and so on. This semester is my first time taking math since high school – and you really don’t need to know my age to know that it has been over a decade, maybe two (again trying to figure out how long it’s been is math – I’m a writer not a mathematician), since I’ve taken a math class.
Needless to say, it has been quite awhile.
But today was the first time I took a math class since high school and I was surprised to find out that in my math classes there are writing projects. Writing projects – as in writing an essay – in math class.
To be honest, I was a little surprised when I found this out; and given the fact that my major is Human Services (which requires a lot of writing) I was thinking that maybe this semester would be “light” on the writing considering I am mostly taking math (two math classes, thank you very much), and I am doing an internship. So, I was thinking math = no essays. Well apparently I am no good at these equations because in college you have to write papers about math. #mindblown
This made me realize if you can write about math then you can write about anything. Now maybe it’s not a good idea to write about everything; however, if you can write about math then it should be pretty easy to find a topic that’s interesting to you that you can write about on your blog.
Of course that’s not always the case, and I know sometimes with blogging it can be difficult to find subjects to write about. So, here are 14 blog ideas to help get your “writing juices flowing.”
Faith Based Blog Topics
- Scripture Studies – For the scripture studies written on our blog here at Becoming Press I like to find several scriptures around a specific topic and share them in a blog post. Then the readers can use the scriptures to help in their personal Bible Study.
- Bible Study – free online Bible Studies are always a huge hit in the online world. People like to devour the truths found in the Bible and they are always looking for insight into scripture that is not their own. We truly are in this together! So on Bible Study for Her I am doing a Bible Study series on the book of James. I like to use the Inductive Bible Study method in order to write my Bible Studies, and then I come up with activities and questions to go with the study. I typically use this Bible Study method to study a book in the Bible chapter by chapter. One inductive study per chapter.
- Bible Talk – With this you can write a blog post centered around a specific topic in the Bible. Some example topics are: friendship, loneliness, wisdom, legacy, etc.
- Bible Study Reviews – Another really popular topic when it comes to writing faith based blog posts include writing Bible Study Reviews on your blog. There are so many Bible Studies out there and I am sure your readers would love to know your thoughts on the ones you have personally completed.
- Devotionals – I think devotionals can be a bit like the Bible Talk posts, but I think devotional blog posts are a bit more personal. When I sit down to write a devotional this is where I usually insert a personal story of mine and share a little bit about myself with my readers. I think the key to writing a good devotional is to keep the personal story short, maybe one to two paragraphs; and then relating your story to a lesson the Holy Spirit is trying to teach you through this event, or even an event that happened within the Bible that is similar to yours. Devotionals aren’t necessarily Bible Studies, either, they are a reflection on the work that God is doing in your life. I think devotionals are inspirational because they are relatable. But remember, you can be relatable and authentic without revealing every detail of your life with your readers. The best devotionals are the ones filled with hope for the future and spiritual growth!
Parenting & Marriage Blog Topics
- Communication – always a topic we need to learn more about. Have you read any good books on communication lately? Learned any new communication techniques? Do you have a new life lesson that has helped you to become a better communicator? This topic is always be something that peaks my interest and I know it will peak the interest of your readers, too!
- Share Your Daily Schedule and Weekly (or Monthly) Routines – I used to have a “mom blog” and the post where I shared my daily schedule/routine was actually one of the most popular posts on my blog! You could share your daily schedule, your cleaning schedule, or writing schedule. You could share your home maintenance routines, spring cleaning routine, and so much more. I think this is a great way to be authentic and share about your life.
- Share Your Favorite Charity – I once did a blog series called 31 days to give and it was so much fun! I also met a lot of wonderful people while sharing and featuring their charities on my blog. This would be a great topic for any blog. You could pick one charity or cause, do research and share what you find out. You could visit a homeless shelter and share about your experience there. You could volunteer and blog about the needs that are being met through that specific charity, and what needs you would like to see being met. If you run a non-profit or a charity, you could blog about what goes on “behind the curtain” that makes your charity run properly and thrive. You could even blog about the process you went through in order to make your organization a non-profit organization.
Getting Organized, Journaling, & Goal Setting Blog Topics
- Planner How To – There are so many planner ideas and supplies out there, I honestly have no idea what they are all for or how to use them. I see pretty planner supplies in the store but honestly I think we all could use a nice tutorial on how to use them. If using a planner is what you do best then writing and sharing about how you organize your planner, and a tutorial on the supplies you use to stay more organized would always be a beneficial topic for your readers!
- Bible Journaling – Bible Journaling is basically when you color in your Bible. A lot of times people think you need to be an artist to do Bible Journaling, and that is overwhelming to most people. Not to mention everything done through Bible Journaling is often unique and inspiring. So making a post sharing your Bible Journaling page, supplies, and techniques might help someone else feel like they can embrace coloring in their Bible, too, while also finding some inspiration for their own Bible Journaling projects.
- Sharing your goals for the year – This is always a fun topic to post about. I am actually getting ready to share mine on my blog while also posting a picture of my vision board for 2018. I know for me I pick a word of the year which I feel fits into the topic of goals and vision casting; I actually write all of my blog posts around my word of the year on my personal blog. That’s definitely an easy way to find a topic to blog about!
House and Home Blog Topics
- Share your favorite & least favorite recipes – Pinterest wins AND fails when it comes to the recipes department are topics that are great to talk about. Especially if a recipe didn’t turn out so great you can share that with your readers – because truth be told, there are a lot of YUCK! recipes on pinterest. Maybe if you have a pinterest fail you could also blog about what you would have done differently to make it turn out better.
- Feature Your Favorite Blogger or Blog Post – This is something that would be helpful not only to another blogger but also to your readers!
- Document the Changes You Make in Your Home – Do you have wonderful organization skills? Home decorating skills? Have you found a unique way to use the $0.79 dish towels from Ikea to decorate your home? Sharing about what works for you (and what doesn’t) is always a quick and easy way to come up with new blog post ideas for your house and home blog.
One thing I LOVE about blogs is that they are truly unique to the individual person – it’s pretty difficult to make your blog just like someone else’s blog because it’s written by you and your view point, opinions, and your life are unique. You know what? You are the only one who can write what you know, experience, and live – so why not go and write something unique and special right now!?! Also, don’t forget to share you unique blog posts in the link up below!
Showcase Your Blog or Book:
Connect with us and link up your blog or book below. Feel free to add this button to your blog post, sidebar, or footer to help spread the word, although linking back to us is not required. Also, check out the other writers who link, this helps to build community and every writer loves having the support of other writers because we are a team wanting to make a difference through the written word! Thank you for stopping by and be sure to stop by next week!
In this four week mini Bible Study you will examine your faith and what it means to have faith in God. When we believe in God we then learn to walk in faith and trust God. But first we must believe, and it’s up to us, we can either choose to believe in Him or not. But faith will mean nothing until we believe with all our heart that God is who He says He is.
5 STAR AMAZON REVIEW: “I really enjoyed this mini study. I like when things make you think and journal and you can focus on one aspect at a time. It was a great study.”